||1. Where is the only place in the entire Ultima
series that the word "Ultima" is used, within the game, but does
NOT refer to the name of the series?
2. What Star Trek: The Next Generation character appeared, albeit
indirectly, in Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds?
- In Ultima 1, when you enter the Sign Post monument north of
Lord British's continent, it reads "Ultima Thule!". Which means,
essentially, the farthest point north. It was an ancient mariner's
term for Norway, I believe.
3. In which Ultima game did the Three Stooges make an
- Lady Tory is a reference to Counsellor Troi from the TV show.
Lady Tory appeared in Ultima VII: The Black Gate, in Serpent's
Hold, which was itself one large Star Trek allusion, and contained
most of the ST:TNG cast in one form or another.
4. Where is the first reference in the Ultima series to the Stygian
- Worlds of Ultima 1: The Savage Empire.
5. What was the first Ultima to feature a Black Sword?
- In the documentation for Ultima III. In the Ancient Liturgy of
Truth booklet, it refers to the Great Stygian Abyss having been
used in the Truth order's rituals for thousands of years.
6. Who is Chuckles in real life, and what is his relationship with
- One appeared in Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss.
7. In Ultima VI, the Avatar helps a chef in Trinsic make dragon's
egg pastry. Where else in the Ultima series can a character pick up
some tasty dragon chow?
- Chuckles' real name is Chuck Bueche. Chuck was one of the four
founding members of Origin, along with Richard and Robert Garriott,
and their father Owen.
8. In Ultima III, what is the length of Trammel's lunar
- In Ultima IV, you can get Dragon Tartar at the Bloody Pub in
- The answer to this question can only be found on the original
cloth map that came with Ultima III. The bottom of the map contains
symbols relating to the moons, and bears the inscription "TRAMMEL ~
XLVIII CYCLE / FELUCCA ~ XVI DAY CYCLE". So the answer is that
Trammel's lunar cycle in Ultima III is 48 days.